Thursday, January 22, 2009

Taking the Plunge

Well, here I am, starting a blog. I've always enjoyed reading the blogs of others, but this is the first time I've attempted to write one. Wish me luck!

I figured that I would start simply. Maybe filling pockets of history, and mixing them with funny anecdotes and movie quotes- Hey, that rhymed!- and would go and grow from there.

Just for a quick background- I'm a weird, strange, intelligent, pigheaded, stubborn, caring,
funny, serious, contradictory oddball with a sense of humor cultivated by Tim Burton, Robin Williams, Monty Python, Cheech and Chong, my brother, Dane Cook, and my friends. I come from a mixed group of heritage, with lots of Irish and a bit of everything else. I couldn't tell you where all of my roots come from. I'm a transplanted California native living in northern Idaho- but I've lived here for more than fifteen years, so I guess I'm native here, too.

My best friends are the ones who understand me best- i.e. my mother, and fabulous Amazon of a woman by the name of Katelin Bauermeister, and my boyfriend Jeremy. There are also other people whom I consider close, but these are the people I value most highly, even if I don't show it sometimes.

I also have sibling, who I love dearly. My brothers are both younger than me- Jake is 19, Kobe is 8, and even though I am the oldest, they treat me like the baby. Kobe and I spend as much time together on the weekends as we can. Considering he plays basketball, Baseball, and football, all weather permitting, the time we spend could be more. That boy will be a prodigy in at least one of those sports as soon as he's old enough. Jake and I were best friends- as well as the same size- when we were little. We did everything and went everywhere together, include share friends, food, and secrets. After my parents split and I went with Mom and he went with Dad, we drifted apart; despite this, however, I feel I could still tell him almost anything, and I know he knows he can tell me anything, as well. All three of us are strong-minded and strong-willed, and we won't back down until we make our point or we are forced, kicking and screaming, to leave it alone.

I am obsessed with the Food Network. I will watch just about anything on that channel, and I drive people crazy watching anything and everything from that network. along the same vein, I love to cook. My mom and grandma instilled in me a passion for cooking that I have developed into a natural yearning to cook. Given the opportunity and the time, I will cook for just about anyone. Proof of this is the Spirit Lake Fire Department. Jeremy volunteers there, and every time he is on shift and I go to visit him, or every time we stop by together, I am asked if I brought anything I made, or when the next time I'm going to cook for them will be. A lot of them don't know my name ( they mostly call me Jeremy's Girlfriend) but there isn't one of them that doesn't know my cooking.

Movies are my passion. I love to watch all genres, from action to comedy to drama to romance to redundant to silly to tear-jerker. My favorites span the board of these selections, and some of them are: any Monty Python movie, any Mel Brooks movie (but especially Blazing Saddles, Spaceballs, and Robin Hood: Men in Tights), Dogma, Clerks, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Evil Dead and Army of Darkness, Valkyrie, Freida, Stick It, Juno, the entirety of the Lord of the Rings and The Chronicles of Narnia series, The Producers, Labyrinth, Finding Neverland, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Benny and Joon, Edward Scissorhands, Secret Window, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (the newer one, not the older one), Mamma Mia, and the list could go on, but I don't think even this blog could hold the whole list.

Another of my passions is reading and collecting books. Like my movies, I read just about anything. I have such a large collection of books that every year I have to go through and reorganize to make more room for the new ones. If you ask me at any given time, I could be reading up to three different books at the same time. I know, I'm weird.

Well, I think this has been a good first blog. Feel free to post comments, questions, whatever. I love feedback and new topics. In the meantime, stay tuned, viewers!

No comments:

Post a Comment